As the financial services industry and your practice evolve, you need asset allocation strategies that are designed to keep up with the changing landscape. A targeted suite of model portfolios could provide a scalable means to grow your practice and maximize investment outcomes for your clients.
The Model Construction program from T. Rowe Price combines the strategic design principles of our world-class Multi-Asset Division with our specialized portfolio construction expertise and your personal preferences to build a proprietary suite of customized model portfolios.
managed by financial professionals resides in a model portfolio.*
- Simple process: A three-step process includes an initial evaluation of your needs and preferences, a draft portfolio design for consideration, and a finalized suite of custom models.
- Flexible design: Start building from your own model portfolios or home office models, or use strategic allocation models based on the insights of our world-class Multi-Asset Division.
- Key documentation: Record your model construction process—design and manager preferences, decisions, and outcomes—in a convenient journal format.
- Ongoing support: Refresh your custom suite of models with regular in-depth reviews to help ensure they remain appropriately aligned to the needs of your business.
Many financial professionals look beyond their home office for portfolio construction support.
Percentage of financial professionals who use third-party portfolio models:*
*June 2018 FUSE - Portfolio Construction Report.
Model Construction workbooks include key decision inputs and process milestones, as well as projected risk-return data for your proprietary suite of models.
Your T. Rowe Price Investment Consultant can start the Model Construction process and arrange one-on-one consultations with a Portfolio Construction Specialist.
Our full suite of Portfolio Construction Solutions is informed by the expertise of T. Rowe Price’s Multi-Asset Division.
- Strategic Portfolio Design: An in-depth portfolio construction process aligns the investment objectives of our multi-asset strategies to a diversified mix of assets intended to maximize long-term investment outcomes.
- Tactical Asset Allocation: Based on relative valuations and a near-term global outlook, our experienced Asset Allocation Committee makes periodic tactical adjustments to the strategic asset allocation.
- Fundamental Security Selection: Specialized investment professionals manage the component portfolios underlying our multi-asset strategies, with a focus on independent proprietary research and active security selection.
years offering multi-asset solutions
managed in multi-asset strategies*
Explore the full suite of Portfolio Construction Solutions
Model Construction is one of several programs offering financial professionals access to T. Rowe Price’s asset allocation and portfolio construction resources.
Portfolio Construction Solutions discussed are available only to financial professionals and not the retail public.
All figures as of December 31, 2021, except where noted.
* Firmwide multi-asset portfolio assets under management include assets managed by T. Rowe Price Associates, Inc., and its investment advisory affiliates. This figure includes assets that are held outside of T. Rowe Price but where T. Rowe Price influences trade decisions.