- Dual mandate simultaneously seeks both benchmark outperformance and positive environmental and social impact by investing in durable growing businesses with measurable impact criteria
- Strategy is aligned to the UN Sustained Development Goals (UNSDGs), a globally recognized framework designed to end poverty, protect the planet, and ensure prosperity
- Pursuing positive impact drives every investment decision, which we assess across three pillars:
1) climate and resource impact;
2) social equity and quality of life;
3) sustainable innovation and productivity
- Strategy applies a high-conviction, impact-oriented approach designed to create a diversified portfolio to balance risk and opportunity
- Strategy uses a global opportunity set to look across all countries, sectors, and market capitalizations, while actively excluding non-impact areas of the global economy, to find stocks with clear impact and financial return markers.
- Leverages integrated fundamental research and ESG resources to systematically and proactively evaluate the quality and long-term sustainability of investment candidates
- Target number of holdings is between 55-85 stocks
- Typical position sizes ranges from 0.5-5.0%
- Strategy incorporates environmental and social impact criteria into its investment process, which carries risk. As such, it could perform differently from a strategy that relies solely on financial metrics. The strategy may also not succeed in generating a positive environmental and social impact.
- Strategy invests overseas, including in emerging market countries, and its foreign holdings could be affected by declining foreign currencies or adverse political or economic events