Past performance is not a reliable indicator of future performance.
The Asia ex-Japan Equity Composite seeks long-term capital appreciation primarily through investment in companies in Asia, excluding Japan, with faster earnings growth and reasonable valuation levels relative to market/sector averages.
- Employ fundamental analysis to identify companies with sustainable above-market earnings growth rates.
- Focus on franchise strength, management team quality, free cash flow, and financing/balance sheet structure.
- Verify relative valuation appeal versus both local market and region.
- Apply negative screening for macroeconomic and political factors to temper bottom-up enthusiasm for specific securities.
- 70-100 stock portfolio
- Individual positions typically range from 0.40% to 5.00% — average position size of 1.00%
- Country and sector weightings a residual of stock selection. Significant deviations expected.
- Reserves range from 0% to 10%, but typically less than 5%