Concentrating high conviction positions in leading global investment prospects.
Investment ObjectiveTo increase the value of its shares, over the long term, through growth in the value of its investments. The fund invests mainly in a diversified portfolio of stocks that have the potential for above average and sustainable rates of earnings growth. The companies may be anywhere in the world, including emerging markets.
- Single decision maker provides clear accountability.
- Identify “best ideas” by assessing companies in a global sector context, using bottom-up approach to create focused, high- conviction portfolio.
- Global research platform uses fundamental analysis to identify companies with superior and sustainable growth prospects, and improving fundamentals.
- Macroeconomic and local market factors are integrated in stock selection decisions.
- Valuation appeal is measured against local market and broad sector opportunity set.
- Broad range of stocks across all capitalizations, incorporating developed and emerging markets.
- Environmental, social and governance ("ESG") factors with particular focus on those considered most likely to have a material impact on the performance of the holdings or potential holdings in the funds’ portfolio are assessed. These ESG factors, which are incorporated into the investment process alongside financials, valuation, macro-economics and other factors, are components of the investment decision. Consequently, ESG factors are not the sole driver of an investment decision but are instead one of several important inputs considered during investment analysis.
- Number of holdings: typically 60-80 stocks
- Individual positions: Typically 0.5%-5.0%
- Emerging markets exposure: +/-15% of benchmark
- Broad sector ranges: +/-15% of benchmark
- Country ranges: +/-10% of benchmark (U.S.A. is +/-20%)
- Currency hedging: Currency views incorporated in stock selection
- Cash target range: Typically less than 5%, Maximum 10%
- Expected tracking error: 400 to 800 basis points