We firmly believe the best way to navigate increasingly complex global equity markets is through active management that is rooted in proprietary research of companies, sectors, and countries.
- An active investment management approach allows analysts and portfolio managers to deploy their knowledge and skills to capitalize on opportunties in all market environments.
- Our proprietary research focuses on rigorous bottom-up stock analysis as the primary source of value creation.
- Teamwork combines with distinct company, sector, and local market perspectives to identify diverse sources of alpha. Insights misunderstood by the market can lead to decisions that create long-term value for our clients.
Equity Risk Management
We believe that evaluating risk from multiple perspectives can improve client outcomes. We assess risk at every step in the investment process and at both the portfolio and position level. Investments are carefuly evaluated based on risk appetite.
Our investment professionals collaborate across regions, industries and market capitalizations. What gives our research platforms extra dimension, is our critical extra dimension is our collaboration with T. Rowe Price's fixed income division. Investment professionals across the entire organization share insights, enabling us to evaluate companies from many angles and bring broader and deeper insights to our clients.
NZD $1,111.0 billions in Equity AUM as of 31 March 2023
Customized solution capabilities
Our investment process offers flexibility to incorporate a wide range of strategy designs as well as customized benchmarks. Examples of customized solutions we have designed to address specific investment objectives include:
Optimization for Institutional Investor (US)
- Iterative Process
- Separate analyses for U.S, Non-U.S, Developed, Global, and Emerging Market/Frontier
- Optimization performed with and without client constraints
Tactically Managed Large Cap strategy (US)
- Allocation across value and growth sub-strategies
- Leverages tactical views employed across asset allocation strategies
- Integrates best thinking from security and style perspectives