Past performance is not a reliable indicator of future performance.
The Global Focused Growth Equity Composite seeks long-term capital appreciation primarily through investment in established companies operating in developed markets throughout the world, with faster earnings growth and reasonable valuation levels relative to market/sector averages. Further, the strategy seeks to buy companies where there is insight about improving economic returns of the business that are not fully reflected in their valuation.
- Single decision maker provides clear accountability.
- Identify “best ideas” by assessing companies in a global sector context, using bottom-up approach to create focused, high-conviction portfolio.
- Global research platform uses fundamental analysis to identify companies with superior and sustainable growth prospects, and improving fundamentals.
- Macroeconomic and local market factors are integrated in stock selection decisions.
- Valuation appeal is measured against local market and broad sector opportunity set.
- Broad range of stocks across all capitalizations, incorporating developed and emerging markets.
- Number of holdings: typically 60-80 stocks
- Individual positions: Typically 0.5%-5.0%
- Emerging markets exposure: +/-15% of benchmark
- Broad sector ranges: +/-15% of benchmark
- Country ranges: +/-10% of benchmark (USA is +/-20%)
- Currency hedging: Currency views incorporated in stock selection
- Cash target range: Typically less than 5%, maximum 10%
- Expected tracking error: 400 to 800 basis points
- Primary benchmark is MSCI AC World Index and secondary benchmark is MSCI World Index.