Seeking to capture compelling growth opportunities in dynamic emerging markets.
3YR Return Annualised
(View Total Returns)
(View Total Returns)
Inception Date 14-Jan-2013
Performance figures calculated in USD
Investment ObjectiveTo increase the value of its shares, over the long term, through growth in the value of its investments. The fund invests mainly in a diversified portfolio of stocks of emerging market companies.
- Employ fundamental analysis to identify companies with sustainable above-market earnings growth rates.
- Focus on franchise strength, management team quality, free cash flow, and financing/balance sheet structure.
- Verify relative valuation appeal versus both local market and broad sector opportunity set.
- Apply negative screening for macroeconomic and political factors to temper bottom-up enthusiasm for specific securities.
- Environmental, social and governance ("ESG") factors with particular focus on those considered most likely to have a material impact on the performance of the holdings or potential holdings in the funds’ portfolio are assessed. These ESG factors, which are incorporated into the investment process alongside financials, valuation, macro-economics and other factors, are components of the investment decision. Consequently, ESG factors are not the sole driver of an investment decision but are instead one of several important inputs considered during investment analysis.
- Typically 80-100 stocks
- Expected 3-7% tracking error
- Individual positions typically range from 0.30% to 6.00% — average position size from 0.50% to 1.00%
- Country ranges +/- 10% absolute deviation from the benchmark
- Sector ranges +/- 15% absolute deviation from the benchmark
- Reserves are typically less than 5%
- Expected Turnover range: 20-40%
|1 YR||3 YR
|Indicative Benchmark %||16.96%||12.30%||9.39%||4.25%|
|Excess Return %||-6.34%||-0.14%||0.10%||1.11%|
|1 YR||3 YR
|Indicative Benchmark %||18.20%||8.58%||9.23%||4.17%|
|Excess Return %||-6.96%||0.37%||-0.04%||1.18%|
|Month to DateData as of 30-Nov-2021||Quarter to DateData as of 30-Nov-2021||Year to DateData as of 30-Nov-2021||1 MonthData as of 31-Oct-2021||3 MonthsData as of 31-Oct-2021|
|Indicative Benchmark %||-4.08%||-3.13%||-4.34%||0.99%||-0.49%|
|Excess Return %||-1.35%||-1.76%||-6.92%||-0.42%||-1.06%|
Past performance is not a reliable indicator of future performance. Source for fund performance: T. Rowe Price. Fund performance is calculated using the official NAV with dividends reinvested, if any. The value of an investment and any income from it can go down as well as up. Investors may get back less than the amount invested. It will be affected by changes in the exchange rate between the base currency of the fund and the subscription currency, if different. Sales charges (up to a maximum of 5% for the A Class), taxes and other locally applied costs have not been deducted and if applicable, they will reduce the performance figures. Where the base currency of the fund differs from the share class currency, exchange rate movements may affect returns.
Where the base currency of the fund differs from the share class currency, exchange rate movements may affect returns.
Index returns shown with reinvestment of dividends after the deduction of withholding taxes.
Effective 1 July 2018, the "net" version of the indicative benchmark replaced the "gross" version of the indicative benchmark. The "net" version of the indicative benchmark assumes the reinvestment of dividends after the deduction of withholding taxes applicable to the country where the dividend is paid; as such, the returns of the new benchmark are more representative of the returns experienced by investors in foreign issuers. Historical benchmark performance has been restated accordingly.
Largest Top Contributor^
China Mengniu Dairy
Largest Top Detractor^
Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing9.61%
Information TechnologyNet Contribution 0.28%
EnergyNet Contribution -0.87%
ArgentinaNet Contribution 0.32%
IndiaNet Contribution -0.86%
|Share Class||Minimum Initial Investment and Holding Amount (USD)||Minimum Subsequent Investment (USD)||Minimum Redemption Amount (USD)||Sales Charge (up to)||Investment Management Fee (up to)||Ongoing Charges|
|Class A||$1,000||$100||$100||5.00%||190 basis points||2.01%|
|Class I||$2,500,000||$100,000||$0||0.00%||100 basis points||1.06%|
|Class Jd||$10,000,000||$0||$0||0.00%||0 basis points||0.10%|
|Class Q||$1,000||$100||$100||0.00%||100 basis points||1.10%|
|Class S||$10,000,000||$0||$0||0.00%||0 basis points||0.06%|
Please note that the Ongoing Charges figure is inclusive of the Investment Management Fee and is charged per annum.