A concentrated portfolio of high-quality Asian companies.
Investment ObjectiveTo increase the value of its shares, over the long term, through growth in the value of its investments. The fund invests mainly in a diversified portfolio of stocks of companies in Asia.
- Seeking long term capital appreciation to come from owning high quality businesses that will reliably compound earnings/ cash flow generation over time.
- In Asia, this type of company tends to exhibit three key characteristics:
- Established companies with leading market positions.
- Good management teams who care about shareholder returns.
- Returns-focused capital allocation and prudent balance sheet management.
- Fundamental research is critical in helping us to identify these characteristics and exploit market inefficiencies:
- Focus on the long term. Be patient.
- Gain a better understanding of the durability of a company’s prospects than the market.
- More accurately assess a company’s intrinsic value than other market participants.
- Environmental, social and governance ("ESG") factors with particular focus on those considered most likely to have a material impact on the performance of the holdings or potential holdings in the funds’ portfolio are assessed. These ESG factors, which are incorporated into the investment process alongside financials, valuation, macro-economics and other factors, are components of the investment decision. Consequently, ESG factors are not the sole driver of an investment decision but are instead one of several important inputs considered during investment analysis.
- Typically 40-70 stock portfolio
- Individual positions typically range from 0.50% to 6.00%.
- Country and sector weightings a residual of stock selection.
- Cash position typically less than 5%.
|1 YR||3 YR
|Since Manager Inception
|Indicative Benchmark %||51.52%||10.44%||15.14%||9.20%||9.20%|
|Excess Return %||1.74%||4.78%||2.97%||3.74%||3.74%|
|1 YR||3 YR
|Indicative Benchmark %||57.31%||8.88%||13.79%||8.85%|
|Excess Return %||7.14%||5.64%||3.86%||4.09%|
|Month to DateData as of 11-Jun-2021||Quarter to DateData as of 11-Jun-2021||Year to DateData as of 11-Jun-2021||1 MonthData as of 31-May-2021||3 MonthsData as of 31-May-2021|
|Indicative Benchmark %||-0.06%||3.67%||6.47%||1.22%||1.10%|
|Excess Return %||-0.20%||-1.89%||0.95%||-1.26%||1.52%|
Past performance is not a reliable indicator of future performance. Source for fund performance: T. Rowe Price. Fund performance is calculated using the official NAV with dividends reinvested, if any. The value of an investment and any income from it can go down as well as up. Investors may get back less than the amount invested. It will be affected by changes in the exchange rate between the base currency of the fund and the subscription currency, if different. Sales charges (up to a maximum of 5% for the A Class), taxes and other locally applied costs have not been deducted and if applicable, they will reduce the performance figures.
Where the base currency of the fund differs from the share class currency, exchange rate movements may affect returns.
Index returns shown with reinvestment of dividends after the deduction of withholding taxes.
Effective 1 July 2018, the "net" version of the indicative benchmark replaced the "gross" version of the indicative benchmark. The "net" version of the indicative benchmark assumes the reinvestment of dividends after the deduction of withholding taxes applicable to the country where the dividend is paid; as such, the returns of the new benchmark are more representative of the returns experienced by investors in foreign issuers. Historical benchmark performance has been restated accordingly.
Largest Top Contributor^
China Overseas Land & InvestmentBy 0.18%
Largest Top Detractor^
Samsung ElectronicsBy -0.30%
Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing9.43%
Real EstateNet Contribution 1.34%
FinancialsNet Contribution -0.36%
ChinaNet Contribution 2.43%
PhilippinesNet Contribution -0.63%
Eric Moffett is a portfolio manager in the International Equity Division. He manages the Asia Opportunities Equity Strategy and is chairman of the strategy's Investment Advisory Committee. He is a vice president of T. Rowe Price Group, Inc., and T. Rowe Price Singapore Private Limited.
Eric’s investment experience began in 2007, and he has been with T. Rowe Price since 2007, beginning in the Equity department. Prior to this, Eric was employed by Fayez Sarofim & Company as an analyst.
Eric earned an A.B., magna cum laude, in economics from Princeton University and an M.B.A. from Harvard Business School.
- Fund manager2014
- Years at13
T. Rowe Price
- Years investment20
Nick Beecroft is the APAC head of the Investment Specialist Group and a portfolio specialist in the Equity Division. He also is a vice president of T. Rowe Price Group, Inc., and T. Rowe Price International Ltd.
Nick’s investment experience began in 2001, and he has been with T. Rowe Price since 2005, beginning in the Equity Division. Prior to this, Nick was employed by Mercer Investment Consulting as an investment analyst.
Nick earned a B.A., with honors, in contemporary European studies from the University of Southampton. He also has earned the Chartered Financial Analyst® designation.
CFA® and Chartered Financial Analyst® are registered trademarks owned by CFA Institute.
- Years at16
T. Rowe Price
- Years investment20
|Share Class||Minimum Initial Investment and Holding Amount (USD)||Minimum Subsequent Investment (USD)||Minimum Redemption Amount (USD)||Sales Charge (up to)||Investment Management Fee (up to)||Ongoing Charges|
|Class A||$1,000||$100||$100||5.00%||160 basis points||1.77%|
|Class I||$2,500,000||$100,000||$0||0.00%||75 basis points||0.85%|
|Class Q||$1,000||$100||$100||0.00%||75 basis points||0.92%|
Please note that the Ongoing Charges figure is inclusive of the Investment Management Fee and is charged per annum.