Markets & Economy
Webcast: 2018 Midyear Market OutlookJune 21, 2018
Watch our financial experts discuss their views the next 6 months as they consider the possible slowing of momentum in Europe and Japan, and the potential for renewed volatility.
- Earnings growth has been strong and underlying trends are positive, but peak levels likely were achieved in the first half of the year.
- Asset classes appear relatively expensive in most global regions. But higher Treasury yields have improved U.S. credit valuations in an absolute sense.
- Relatively tame inflation is enabling the U.S. Federal Reserve to pursue a moderate course of rate hikes. But U.S. dollar appreciation is creating headwinds for emerging markets.
- Worries about populist policies could contribute to market volatility. A trade war between the U.S. and China could do significant global economic damage.
- Get strategies and tips for today's market conditions.