Seeks to capture enhanced returns from a diversified global portfolio of income bearing, high yield securities.
Investment ObjectiveTo maximise the value of its shares through both growth in the value of, and income from, its investments. The fund invests mainly in a diversified portfolio of high yield corporate bonds from issuers around the world, including emerging markets.
- Focus on BB/B securities, with a measured allocation to lower-quality bonds when valuations are compelling.
- Proprietary fundamental research is key — emphasis on industries that enjoy stable cash flow and rational competitive environments.
- Extensive analyst interaction across sectors and asset classes promotes broad credit perspective.
- Disciplined risk management practices employed in conjunction with broad portfolio diversification to manage risk profile.
- Environmental, social and governance ("ESG") factors with particular focus on those considered most likely to have a material impact on the performance of the holdings or potential holdings in the funds’ portfolio are assessed. These ESG factors, which are incorporated into the investment process alongside financials, valuation, macro-economics and other factors, are components of the investment decision. Consequently, ESG factors are not the sole driver of an investment decision but are instead one of several important inputs considered during investment analysis.
- Diversified portfolio structure of high yield corporate bonds: 250-350 issuers
- Industry exposure typically will range +/- 3% around benchmark weight
- Conservative exposure guidelines to individual issuers:
- BB issuer: 3% maximum
- B issuer: 2% maximum
- CCC issuer: 1% maximum