Past performance is not a reliable indicator of future performance.
The Emerging Markets Local Currency Bond Composite seeks to maximize total return by investing primarily in a widely diversified, global portfolio of bonds and other fixed and floating rate securities issued by governments, government agencies, supra-national and corporate issuers established, or conducting the predominant part of their business activity, in the economically emerging countries of Latin America, Asia, Europe, Africa and the Middle East. The composite's emphasis will be on investing in securities denominated in the currencies of the respective emerging countries.
- Focus primarily on sovereign debt denominated in the currencies of the respective emerging countries.
- Integrate proprietary credit research and relative value analysis.
- Establish independent credit rating by country.
- Add value through active country, currency and individual security selection decisions.
- Limit risk through diversification.
- Employ long-term investment horizon combined with low portfolio turnover.
- Higher concentration portfolio structure: typically 100-150 securities
- Duration bands: managed within +/- 2 years of the benchmark
- Average Credit Quality: BBB
- Country exposure maximum 30% per country
- Target tracking error: 200-400 bps