Investment ObjectiveTo increase the value of its shares in the long term through both growth in the value of, and income from, its investments. The fund invests mainly in a diversified portfolio of securities issued by real-estate related companies. The companies may be anywhere in the world, including emerging markets.
- Employ fundamental research with a bottom-up approach.
- Assess the capability, strategy, and management of the business.
- Evaluate the asset base potential.
- Understand the supply and demand dynamics by property and market.
- Analyze balance sheet strength and flexibility.
- Integrate a risk-adjusted perspective throughout our analysis.
- Establish whether we would want to own a business for the long term.
- Leverage the deep knowledge base at T. Rowe Price, including dedicated analysts in North America, Europe, and Asia.
- Environmental, social and governance ("ESG") factors with particular focus on those considered most likely to have a material impact on the performance of the holdings or potential holdings in the funds’ portfolio are assessed. These ESG factors, which are incorporated into the investment process alongside financials, valuation, macro-economics and other factors, are components of the investment decision. Consequently, ESG factors are not the sole driver of an investment decision but are instead one of several important inputs considered during investment analysis.
- Typically 40-80 securities
- Invest in highest conviction ideas
- Diversified by property type and geography, with at least 40% invested outside the U.S.
- Sector weights are the result of bottom-up security selection
- Country weightings +/- 10% of the benchmark
- Individual position sizes range from +/- 5% of the benchmark
- Continually monitor investments to ensure:
- Execution and results are tracking our expectations
- Strategy intact and investment thesis unfolding as expected