- Seeking long term capital appreciation by owning high quality businesses run by high quality management team that we believe can reliably compound earnings and generate cashflow over time.
- In Asia, we feel this type of company tends to exhibit three key characteristics:
- Established companies with leading market positions.
- Good management teams who care about shareholder returns.
- Returns-focused capital allocation and prudent balance sheet management.
- Fundamental research is critical in helping us to identify these characteristics and seek to exploit market inefficiencies:
- Focus on the long term. Be patient.
- Gain a better understanding of the durability of a company’s prospects than the market.
- More accurately assess a company’s intrinsic value than other market participants.
- Typically 40-70 stock portfolio
- Individual positions typically range from 0.50% to 6.00%.
- Country and sector weightings a residual of stock selection.
- Cash position typically less than 5%.