A Small Business 401(k) offers assistance with your Plan's administration
For businesses with fewer than 1,000 employees, this 401(k) plan offers a cost-effective structure that can benefit the plan sponsor and the participant.
Call 1-800-831-1370 to get started.
|Eligible Employer:||Varies by plan. Generally any employer with fewer than 1,000 employees.|
|Employer Contributions:||Available feature|
|Salary Deferrals Allowed||
Salary deferrals up to $19,000 in 2019 and $18,500 in 2018 ($25,000 in 2019 or $24,500 in 2018, if age 50 or older).
|Employer Fees:||Small Business 401(k) fees vary by plan|
|Reporting Requirements:||Annual IRS Form 5500 and special IRS testing to ensure plan doesn't favor highly compensated employees, if applicable.|
|Investment Options:||Broad range of T. Rowe Price and non-T. Rowe Price investments|
Plan Sponsor Resource Center
- This online resource puts a wide range of information and tools at plan sponsors' fingertips and helps to save time and money by performing many administrative functions.
- Enrollment materials, employee meetings, telephone support, and 24-hour automated telephone access are all available to help educate and inform employees about the benefits of retirement saving and investing.
24/7 access for Small Business 401(k) plan participants
- The participant website provides 24/7 access to account information and plan features, as well as provides the ability to conduct transactions anytime.
A variety of investment choices
- Plan sponsors may select from over 100 no-load mutual funds and common trusts and over 5,400 nonproprietary funds in addition to a self-directed brokerage option.1
- Defined contribution plans
- Defined benefit plans
- Nonqualified plans
- Combination plans
- 457(b) plans
- 403(b) plans
All investments are subject to market risk, including the possible loss of principal. Mutual funds are subject to management fees and expenses.
A retirement account should be considered a long-term investment. Retirement accounts generally have expenses and account fees, which may impact the value of the account. Early withdrawals are subject to taxes and possible penalties. For more detailed information about taxes, consult a tax attorney or accountant for advice.
1Copyright 2017, T. Rowe Price Investment Services, Inc., Distributor. All rights reserved. T. Rowe Price Brokerage is a division of T. Rowe Price Investment Services, Inc., member FINRA/SIPC. All rights reserved. Brokerage and TradeLink accounts are carried by Pershing LLC (Pershing), member NYSE/FINRA/SIPC, a subsidiary of The Bank of New York Company, Inc., which acts as a clearing broker for T. Rowe Price Investment Services, Inc.
Podcast: Financial Tips for the Self-Employed
Our experts share money management tips geared specifically towards the self-employed. Please note that you will be directed to The Washington Post website.
Content created for T. Rowe Price by WP BrandStudio.