Markets & Economy
2019 Midyear Market OutlookJune 20, 2019
Recession risks appear limited in the major markets. However, widening trade disputes have created notable downside risks.
- While challenges to global economic expansion are evident in slower earnings growth, the risk of a recession in major markets appears limited.
- Widening trade disputes and populist politics have created notable downside risks, which could endanger hopes for an earnings reacceleration in late 2019.
- Monetary expectations have shifted dramatically since the beginning of the year, with the Federal Reserve now seen as likely to cut interest rates.
- Secular disruption continues to favor growth and the technology sector, but investors are becoming more cautious and some established firms are fighting back.
- Get strategies and tips for today's market conditions.