Investment ObjectiveTo increase the value of its shares, over the long term, through growth in the value of its investments. The fund invests mainly in a diversified portfolio of stocks of companies in the developing countries of the Middle East and Africa.
- The fund is growth oriented, unconstrained and designed to deliver strong absolute performance.
- Stock selection is driven by fundamental analysis seeking to identify the best companies with attractive valuations and earnings that are growing faster than their local, regional or global peers.
- In investment frontiers such as the Middle East and Africa market, inefficiencies are likely to be significant. One of the core tenets of our investment strategy is that stocks are frequently mispriced.
- Focus on finding companies with above-average revenue growth, strong management and good corporate governance.
- The bottom-up, stock specific approach is supported by a top-down perspective focusing on macro and micro-factors mainly at the country level.
- Manager with a proven track record of investing in emerging markets supported by a dedicated analyst team.
- Dedicated Portfolio Manager supported by a well-resourced analyst team.
- Typically 50-80 stocks
- Individual positions typically range from 0.5%-10.0%
- Country and sector weights unconstrained
- Cash reserves typically 0%-5%