Seeks to generate positive returns from global fixed income with a focus on downside risk and diversification from equity markets.
To generate income while offering some protection against rising interest rates and a low correlation with equity markets.
- The Dynamic Global Bond Fund seeks to provide attractive, stable income and downside risk management through dynamic and flexible portfolio management. The fund is not benchmark sensitive and invests in fixed income securities from a broad opportunity set, looking for best opportunities but also for defensive investments to manage downside risk.
- Seeks performance through income and capital gains
- Seeks to generate consistent and sustainable performance through diversification across geography and markets
- Controlled risk profile with bond-like volatility
- Focus on downside risk from potential rise in interest rates
- Tactical management of duration profile and country selection
- Based on high conviction views driven by extensive research platform
- Low correlation with risky markets during periods of risk aversion
- Focus on government allocation as opposed to credit risk
- Target value added: seeks to outperform the U.S. 3 month Libor over a full market cycle (Not a formal objective and it can be changed without prior notice. Please reference prospectus for formal objective.)
- Target tracking error: between 2% and 5% tracking error annualized
- Fund offering different types of share classes currency hedged.
- Total duration between -1 and 6 years
- Minimum 50% currency hedged
- Minimum 50% in non-USD securitiesAbility to go long and short individual countries and currencies
- Up to 100% allowed in government bond securities
- Up to 30% allowed in High Yield
|1 YR||3 YR
|Indicative Benchmark %||0.80%||0.64%||N/A||0.63%|
|Excess Return %||-3.48%||-2.76%||N/A||-2.76%|
|1 YR||3 YR
|Indicative Benchmark %||0.81%||N/A||N/A||0.63%|
|Excess Return %||-2.75%||N/A||N/A||-2.31%|
|Month to DateData as of 21-Feb-2020||Quarter to DateData as of 21-Feb-2020||Year to DateData as of 21-Feb-2020||1 MonthData as of 31-Jan-2020||3 MonthsData as of 31-Jan-2020|
|Indicative Benchmark %||0.04%||0.11%||0.11%||0.06%||0.19%|
|Excess Return %||0.05%||-1.57%||-1.57%||-1.61%||-0.48%|
Past performance is not a reliable indicator of future performance. Source for fund performance: T. Rowe Price. Fund performance is calculated using the official NAV with dividends reinvested, if any. The value of an investment and any income from it can go down as well as up. Investors may get back less than the amount invested. It will be affected by changes in the exchange rate between the base currency of the fund and the subscription currency, if different. Sales charges, taxes and other locally applied costs have not been deducted and if applicable, they will reduce the performance figures.
Arif Husain is head of International Fixed Income at T. Rowe Price. He is lead portfolio manager for the Dynamic Global Bond Strategies. Mr. Husain is also co-portfolio manager for the firm's International Bond, Global Aggregate Bond and Institutional International Bond Strategies. He is a vice president of T. Rowe Price Group, Inc. and T. Rowe Price International Ltd.
Mr. Husain has 24 years of investment experience, six of which have been with T. Rowe Price. Prior to joining the firm in 2013, he spent 14 years as director of both European Fixed Income and Euro Portfolio Management at AllianceBernstein. He was also a member of the global fixed income and absolute return portfolio management teams. Mr. Husain previously worked as assistant director of European Derivatives Trading at Greenwich NatWest and also traded interest rate swaps at Bank of America National Trust & Savings Association.
Mr. Husain received a B.Sc. (hons.) in banking and international finance from the City University, London Business School. He also has earned the Chartered Financial Analyst designation.
- Fund manager2017
- Years at6
T. Rowe Price
- Years investment24
Stephane Fertat is a fixed income portfolio specialist for T. Rowe Price. He is a member of the Global Fixed Income team, supporting all global/international fixed income strategies. He represents the portfolio management team, presenting strategies as well as market outlooks in meetings and conferences. Mr. Fertat has broad knowledge of fixed income, currency, credit and derivative instruments - leading him to assist in the development of customized fixed income solutions - and he has helped launch a number of new strategies since joining the firm in 2007. Mr. Fertat is a vice president of T. Rowe Price Group, Inc. and T. Rowe Price International Ltd.
Mr. Fertat has 22 years of investment experience, 12 of which have been at T. Rowe Price. Prior to joining the firm in 2007, he was employed by Fischer Francis Trees and Watts, a global fixed income asset management company, where he worked as a European fixed income fund manager before moving to a product manager role. Mr. Fertat was also a director of client service and business development for Southern Europe and worked previously at Societe Generale Fimat Investment Management in Chicago.
Mr. Fertat holds a master's degree in finance from Ecole Superieure de Commerce de Paris (ESCP-EAP). He also has earned the Chartered Financial Analyst designation.
- Years at12
T. Rowe Price
- Years investment22
|Share Class||Minimum Initial Investment and Holding Amount||Minimum Subsequent Investment||Minimum Redemption Amount||Sales Charge (up to)||Management Charge||Ongoing Charge|
|Class C||£10,000||£500||£500||N/A||Up to 50 basis points||0.67%|
Please note that the Ongoing Charges figure is inclusive of the Investment Management Fee and is charged per annum.