Seeks capital appreciation using both value and growth approaches.
Investment ObjectiveTo increase the value of its shares, over the long term, through growth in the value of its investments. The fund invests mainly in a widely diversified portfolio of stocks from smaller capitalization companies in the United States.
- Focus on companies within the market cap range of the Russell 2500 Index at time of purchase.
- Assess valuation using relevant sector/industry metrics — absolute and relative price to earnings, price to cash flow, and price to assets.
- Integrate fundamental research by a dedicated Small-Cap research team to discover underfollowed companies possessing clear business plans, financial flexibility, and proven management teams.
- Identification of a “value creation” catalyst is key.
- Broadly diversify holdings to manage portfolio risk profile.
- Employ a low turnover and patient trading strategy to promote full value realization.
- Environmental, social and governance ("ESG") factors with particular focus on those considered most likely to have a material impact on the performance of the holdings or potential holdings in the funds’ portfolio are assessed. These ESG factors, which are incorporated into the investment process alongside financials, valuation, macro-economics and other factors, are components of the investment decision. Consequently, ESG factors are not the sole driver of an investment decision but are instead one of several important inputs considered during investment analysis.
- 200-250 securities
- Position sizes typically range from 0.15% to 2.50%
- Primary sector weights generally vary from 0.5X to 2.0X the Russell 2500 Index weights
|1 YR||3 YR
|Since Manager Inception
|Indicative Benchmark %||48.95%||17.93%||15.82%||13.76%||18.88%|
|Excess Return %||-8.55%||6.13%||4.60%||3.25%||5.40%|
|1 YR||3 YR
|Indicative Benchmark %||44.56%||11.99%||13.77%||14.78%|
|Excess Return %||-7.42%||7.20%||4.90%||3.29%|
|Month to DateData as of 01-Dec-2021||Quarter to DateData as of 01-Dec-2021||Year to DateData as of 01-Dec-2021||1 MonthData as of 31-Oct-2021||3 MonthsData as of 31-Oct-2021|
|Indicative Benchmark %||-2.15%||-1.68%||11.65%||4.89%||3.83%|
|Excess Return %||1.65%||1.97%||1.75%||-0.60%||0.39%|
Past performance is not a reliable indicator of future performance. Source for fund performance: T. Rowe Price. Fund performance is calculated using the official NAV with dividends reinvested, if any. The value of an investment and any income from it can go down as well as up. Investors may get back less than the amount invested. It will be affected by changes in the exchange rate between the base currency of the fund and the subscription currency, if different. Sales charges (up to a maximum of 5% for the A Class), taxes and other locally applied costs have not been deducted and if applicable, they will reduce the performance figures. Where the base currency of the fund differs from the share class currency, exchange rate movements may affect returns.
Where the base currency of the fund differs from the share class currency, exchange rate movements may affect returns.
Index returns shown with reinvestment of dividends after the deduction of withholding taxes.
Effective 1 June 2019, the "net" version of the indicative benchmark replaced the "gross" version of the indicative benchmark. The "net" version of the indicative benchmark assumes the reinvestment of dividends after the deduction of withholding taxes applicable to the country where the dividend is paid; as such, the returns of the new benchmark are more representative of the returns experienced by investors in foreign issuers. Historical benchmark performance has been restated accordingly.
Largest Top Contributor^
Western Alliance Bancorp
Largest Top Detractor^
Ardagh Metal Packaging (N)0.39%
Information TechnologyNet Contribution 1.39%
FinancialsNet Contribution -0.19%
Industrials & Business Services
|Share Class||Minimum Initial Investment and Holding Amount (USD)||Minimum Subsequent Investment (USD)||Minimum Redemption Amount (USD)||Sales Charge (up to)||Investment Management Fee (up to)||Ongoing Charges|
|Class A||$1,000||$100||$100||5.00%||160 basis points||1.68%|
|Class I||$2,500,000||$100,000||$0||0.00%||95 basis points||0.99%|
|Class Q||$1,000||$100||$100||0.00%||95 basis points||1.04%|
|Class S||$10,000,000||$0||$0||0.00%||0 basis points||0.04%|
Please note that the Ongoing Charges figure is inclusive of the Investment Management Fee and is charged per annum.