Seeking to identify long-term market leaders in countries on the cusp of rapid development.
Investment ObjectiveTo increase the value of its shares, over the long term, through growth in the value of its investments. The fund invests mainly in a diversified portfolio of stocks of frontier markets companies.
- Invest across the entire frontier investment universe, including countries outside the MSCI Frontier Markets Index.
- Rigorous, risk-aware approach to identify quality growing companies trading at attractive valuations.
- Employ fundamental analysis with a focus on returns, balance sheet structure, management team and corporate governance.
- Disciplined approach to valuation. Verify relative valuation appeal versus peers and history.
- Consider macroeconomic and political factors to temper bottom-up enthusiasm.
- Environmental, social and governance ("ESG") factors with particular focus on those considered most likely to have a material impact on the performance of the holdings or potential holdings in the funds’ portfolio are assessed. These ESG factors, which are incorporated into the investment process alongside financials, valuation, macro-economics and other factors, are components of the investment decision. Consequently, ESG factors are not the sole driver of an investment decision but are instead one of several important inputs considered during investment analysis.
- Number of holdings: typically 60-80 stocks
- Individual position sizes typically range from 0.5%-10%
- Country Ranges:
- Index countries: Unconstrained
- Non-index countries: Constrained – 15% limit in any one country.
- Reserves are typically less than 5%
- Expected Turnover range: 20-40%