Style-agnostic, quality-driven European equity investment.
Investment ObjectiveTo increase the value of its shares, over the long term, through growth in the value of its investments. The fund invests mainly in a diversified portfolio of stocks of companies in Europe (excluding the UK).
- Fundamental research is critical to successfully identify and assess long-term investment opportunities. We look for companies with high returns on capital and capable of providing sustainable earnings across the market cycle.
- Style agnostic, focus on quality. By avoiding style constraints, we can invest in quality companies and maintain a balanced portfolio through market cycles.
- Disciplined approach to valuation. We aim to buy businesses at a clear discount to their intrinsic value.
- Risk management is essential and is assisted by diversification, quantitative analysis, and automatic stabilizers built in to our investment process.
- Environmental, social and governance ("ESG") factors with particular focus on those considered most likely to have a material impact on the performance of the holdings or potential holdings in the funds’ portfolio are assessed. These ESG factors, which are incorporated into the investment process alongside financials, valuation, macro-economics and other factors, are components of the investment decision. Consequently, ESG factors are not the sole driver of an investment decision but are instead one of several important inputs considered during investment analysis.
- Typically 40-70 stocks
- Individual position size up to 4.0% relative to the indicative benchmark
- Sector ranges: typically +/- 10% relative to the indicative benchmark
- Country ranges: typically +/- 10% relative to the indicative benchmark
- Expected Tracking Error: typically 3.0% to 6.0%
- Information Ratio objective: >0.5
- Cash target range: fully invested, typically less than 5.0%
- Turnover range: 40%-100%