Past performance is not a reliable indicator of future performance.
The Emerging Markets Discovery Equity Composite seeks long-term capital appreciation primarily through investment in emerging markets with attractive valuation levels relative to market/sector averages.
- Aim to exploit the valuation anomalies that arise across the diverse and inefficient emerging market opportunity set.
- Employ a contrarian approach using fundamental research, quantitative screen and industry contacts to identify companies that are out of favor, undervalued and that offer an attractive risk and reward profile.
- Minimize the risk of value traps by focusing on companies offering yield or a book value anchor to the valuation, and where we have identified re-rating thesis that can lead to an expansion in valuation over time.
- Risk management is an integral part of the portfolio construction process.
- Typically 50-80 stock portfolio
- Expected 4-8% tracking error
- Individual position typically 0.5% to 5%, position sized by prospective risks
- Country ranges +/-10% absolute deviation from the benchmark
- Sector ranges +/-15% absolute deviation from the benchmark
- Reserves are normally less than 5%, max 10%
|3 MonthsData as of 30-Sep-2021||Year to DateData as of 30-Sep-2021|
|Composite Gross %||-4.89%||5.66%|
|Composite Net %||-5.10%||4.99%|
|Excess Return (Gross) %||3.20%||6.91%|