Investment ObjectiveTo maximise the value of its shares through both growth in the value of, and income from, its investments. The fund invests mainly in a diversified portfolio of corporate bonds from emerging market issuers.
- Focus primarily on corporate debt issued by companies domiciled within emerging market countries.
- Integrate proprietary credit research and relative value analysis.
- Establish independent credit rating for each company and country.
- Seek to add value primarily through individual security selection decisions.
- Manage risk through diversification.
- Employ long-term investment horizon combined with low portfolio turnover.
- Utilize collaboration across macroeconomic, equity and corporate debt teams to take a comprehensive view of corporate debt securities.
- Diversification cannot assure a profit or protect against loss in a declining market.
- Environmental, social and governance ("ESG") factors with particular focus on those considered most likely to have a material impact on the performance of the holdings or potential holdings in the funds’ portfolio are assessed. These ESG factors, which are incorporated into the investment process alongside financials, valuation, macro-economics and other factors, are components of the investment decision. Consequently, ESG factors are not the sole driver of an investment decision but are instead one of several important inputs considered during investment analysis.
- Diversified portfolio structure: typically 100-150 issuers
- Duration bands: managed within +/- 1 year of the benchmark
- Expected average credit quality: BB
- Maximum corporate issuer exposure of 3%
- Country exposure will range between +/- 20% of index
- Corporate sector exposure will range between +/- 20% of index
- Expected tracking error will range between 150 - 300 bps