Investment ObjectiveTo increase the value of its shares, over the long term, through growth in the value of its investments. The fund invests mainly in a diversified portfolio of stocks of companies in Asia (excluding Japan).
- ESG integrated approach that employs fundamental analysis to identify companies with sustainable above-market earnings growth rates.
- Focus on franchise strength, management team quality, free cash flow, and financing/balance sheet structure.
- Verify relative valuation appeal versus both local market and region.
- Incorporate macro views in bottom-up analysis to the extent possible.
- Environmental, social and governance ("ESG") factors with particular focus on those considered most likely to have a material impact on the performance of the holdings or potential holdings in the funds’ portfolio are assessed. These ESG factors, which are incorporated into the investment process alongside financials, valuation, macro-economics and other factors, are components of the investment decision. Consequently, ESG factors are not the sole driver of an investment decision but are instead one of several important inputs considered during investment analysis.
- Application of proprietary ESG exclusion list.
- Typically 70-100 stock portfolio
- Individual positions typically range from 0.40% to 5.00% - average position size of 1.00%
- Country and sector weightings a residual of stock selection. Significant deviations expected.
- Reserves range from 0% to 10%, but typically less than 5%