A diversified fund, with a focus on sustainable growth.
Investment ObjectiveTo increase the value of its shares, over the long term, through growth in the value of its investments. The fund invests mainly in a diversified portfolio of stocks of companies in Asia (excluding Japan).
- Employ fundamental analysis to identify companies with sustainable above-market earnings growth rates.
- Focus on franchise strength, management team quality, free cash flow, and financing/balance sheet structure.
- Verify relative valuation appeal versus both local market and region.
- Apply negative screening for macroeconomic and political factors to temper bottom-up enthusiasm for specific securities.
- Environmental, social and governance ("ESG") factors with particular focus on those considered most likely to have a material impact on the performance of the holdings or potential holdings in the funds’ portfolio are assessed. These ESG factors, which are incorporated into the investment process alongside financials, valuation, macro-economics and other factors, are components of the investment decision. Consequently, ESG factors are not the sole driver of an investment decision but are instead one of several important inputs considered during investment analysis.
- 80-120 stock portfolio
- Individual positions typically range from 0.40% to 5.00% - average position size of 1.00%
- Country and sector weightings a residual of stock selection. Significant deviations expected.
- Reserves range from 0% to 10%, but typically less than 5%
|1 YR||3 YR
|Since Manager Inception
|Indicative Benchmark %||47.95%||9.51%||14.55%||6.52%||9.61%|
|Excess Return %||3.34%||4.89%||1.92%||1.59%||1.74%|
|1 YR||3 YR
|Indicative Benchmark %||57.31%||8.88%||13.79%||6.66%|
|Excess Return %||6.24%||4.62%||2.13%||1.80%|
|Month to DateData as of 12-May-2021||Quarter to DateData as of 12-May-2021||Year to DateData as of 12-May-2021||1 MonthData as of 30-Apr-2021||3 MonthsData as of 30-Apr-2021|
|Indicative Benchmark %||-3.38%||-0.99%||1.69%||2.48%||1.12%|
|Excess Return %||-0.82%||-1.37%||0.58%||-0.57%||0.74%|
Past performance is not a reliable indicator of future performance. Source for fund performance: T. Rowe Price. Fund performance is calculated using the official NAV with dividends reinvested, if any. The value of an investment and any income from it can go down as well as up. Investors may get back less than the amount invested. It will be affected by changes in the exchange rate between the base currency of the fund and the subscription currency, if different. Sales charges (up to a maximum of 5% for the A Class), taxes and other locally applied costs have not been deducted and if applicable, they will reduce the performance figures.
Where the base currency of the fund differs from the share class currency, exchange rate movements may affect returns.
Index returns shown with reinvestment of dividends after the deduction of withholding taxes.
Effective 1 July 2018, the "net" version of the indicative benchmark replaced the "gross" version of the indicative benchmark. The "net" version of the indicative benchmark assumes the reinvestment of dividends after the deduction of withholding taxes applicable to the country where the dividend is paid; as such, the returns of the new benchmark are more representative of the returns experienced by investors in foreign issuers. Historical benchmark performance has been restated accordingly.
Largest Top Contributor^
Taiwan Semiconductor ManufacturingBy 2.13%
Largest Top Detractor^
Samsung ElectronicsBy -1.39%
Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing8.97%
Communication ServicesNet Contribution 0.92%
FinancialsNet Contribution -0.41%
Industrials & Business Services
ChinaNet Contribution 1.02%
TaiwanNet Contribution -0.19%
Anh Lu is a portfolio manager in the Equity Division of T. Rowe Price Hong Kong Limited. Ms. Lu is the lead portfolio manager for the Asia ex-Japan Equity Strategy. She is a vice president of T. Rowe Price Group, Inc. and T. Rowe Price Hong Kong Limited.
Ms. Lu has 25 years of investment experience, 19 of which have been with T. Rowe Price. Prior to joining the firm, she was a vice president of the Asia Pacific Technology Investment Banking Division of Salomon Smith Barney in Hong Kong. Before Salomon Smith Barney, Ms. Lu spent three years at LGT Asset Management as an analyst and portfolio manager.
Ms. Lu earned a B.A. with honours from the University of Western Ontario.
- Fund manager2009
- Years at20
T. Rowe Price
- Years investment26
Nick Beecroft is the APAC head of the Investment Specialist Group and a portfolio specialist in the Equity Division. He also is a vice president of T. Rowe Price Group, Inc., and T. Rowe Price International Ltd.
Nick’s investment experience began in 2001, and he has been with T. Rowe Price since 2005, beginning in the Equity Division. Prior to this, Nick was employed by Mercer Investment Consulting as an investment analyst.
Nick earned a B.A., with honors, in contemporary European studies from the University of Southampton. He also has earned the Chartered Financial Analyst® designation.
CFA® and Chartered Financial Analyst® are registered trademarks owned by CFA Institute.
- Years at16
T. Rowe Price
- Years investment20
|Share Class||Minimum Initial Investment and Holding Amount (USD)||Minimum Subsequent Investment (USD)||Minimum Redemption Amount (USD)||Sales Charge (up to)||Investment Management Fee (up to)||Ongoing Charges|
|Class A||$1,000||$100||$100||5.00%||160 basis points||1.72%|
|Class I||$2,500,000||$100,000||$0||0.00%||75 basis points||0.81%|
|Class Q||$1,000||$100||$100||0.00%||75 basis points||0.87%|
Please note that the Ongoing Charges figure is inclusive of the Investment Management Fee and is charged per annum.