Research-driven, targeting consistent high income.
Investment ObjectiveTo maximise the value of its shares through both growth in the value of, and income from, its investments. The fund invests mainly in a diversified portfolio of high yield corporate bonds that are denominated in European currencies.
- The fund focuses primarily on European currency-denominated corporate debt issued by below investment-grade companies.
- Invests mainly in BB and B rated bonds, with the ability to purchase lower-quality securities when compelling valuation and risk/reward opportunities arise.
- The fund integrates fundamental proprietary research at the corporate bond, sovereign, and equity levels. This integral collaboration provides a holistic view of a company’s capital structure and management team, as well as its position in the larger market environment unique to each country.
- Research focuses on quantitative and qualitative factors that drive an independent credit rating. Analysts look to identify long-term potential for balance sheet and external rating improvements while adhering to strict risk management practices.
- Target excess-return will be primarily driven by individual security selection and, secondarily, by relative sector and credit quality allocations.
- At least 80% of assets will be invested in securities denominated in European currencies—mainly the euro and the pound.
- Currency exposure is fully hedged back to the euro.
- Up to 20% of assets may be invested outside of European currencies, including U.S. dollar high yield and investment-grade corporate bonds.
- Target tracking error: 200–400 basis points
The fund is fully hedged back to euro, although direct exposure may total less than 100%. It is important to note that there can be no assurances that the currency hedging employed will fully eliminate the shareholder's exposure to exchange rate fluctuations.