Visualize the nonfinancial side of retirement
Retiring well is about more than just a number. And while it’s important to make sure your clients are financially prepared, many preretirees have a retirement planning need that goes largely unaddressed: the lifestyle and emotional changes that retirement brings. In fact, only 35% of 50- to 59-year-olds say they have made a serious effort to prepare for the emotional aspects of retirement.
Using presentations, a vision workbook, and an ongoing stream of quick-hitting insights drawn from actual retiree behaviors, Visualize Retirement offers you the opportunity to build stronger, more holistic relationships with preretirees.
Qualitative feedback from retirees has shown, and research has validated, that there are several key components of retirees' lives that impact their level of happiness:
Within these three core themes, help preretirees explore and define their vision through the five “Ws.”
- Who they’ll spend their time with, and who will be part of their support
- What they want/need to do
- Where they want to live
- When they would like to retire
- Why: finding purpose and fulfillment
Complement your financial offer with Visualize Retirement
Visualize Retirement allows you to:
- Differentiate your approach to an underserved and financially mature demographic
- Use an emotional approach to retirement planning, which connects directly to your financial offer
- Align expectations with outcomes: Use the vision workbook with preretirees to clarify their vision for retirement and ensure they have a plan to finance their vision.
Tools for confident reflection
Visualize Retirement Workshop
Our Visualize Retirement materials are designed to go beyond the usual retirement clichés and get preretirees thinking about how their day-to-day lives, their relationships, and their health could look during retirement.
- Workshop – a presentation that gives a comprehensive overview of the Visualize Retirement program.
- Workbook – can be completed during the workshop or at home, either independently or with a spouse to compare and contrast responses.
On Demand Preretiree Workshop Video
Share the "Create Your Retirement Vision" video with your preretiree clients as an on demand, self-serve Visualize Retirement Workshop. No meeting required! Ask preretirees to bring their completed Workbook to a one-on-one session with you so you can marry their retirement vision to the financial planning side of the equation. Alternatively, you can use the Create Your Retirement Vision video as a training if you wish to deliver the Workshop presentation directly to your preretiree clients.
Visualize Retirement Conversation Starters
Brief articles designed to demystify the nonfinancial side of retirement.