Visualize the nonfinancial side of retirement
Retiring well is about more than just a number. And while it’s important to make sure your clients are financially prepared, many preretirees have a retirement planning need that goes largely unaddressed: the lifestyle and emotional changes that retirement brings. In fact, only 35% of 50- to 59-year-olds say they have made a serious effort to prepare for the emotional aspects of retirement.
Using presentations, a vision workbook, and an ongoing stream of quick-hitting insights drawn from actual retiree behaviors, Visualize Retirement offers you the opportunity to build stronger, more holistic relationships with preretirees.
Visualize Retirement Introduction
Qualitative feedback from retirees has shown, and research has validated, that there are several key components of retirees' lives that impact their level of happiness:
Within these three core themes, help preretirees explore and define their vision through the five “Ws.”
- Who they’ll spend their time with, and who will be part of their support
- What they want/need to do
- Where they want to live
- When they would like to retire
- Why: finding purpose and fulfillment
Complement your financial offer with Visualize Retirement
Visualize Retirement allows you to:
- Differentiate your approach to an underserved and financially mature demographic
- Use an emotional approach to retirement planning, which connects directly to your financial offer
- Align expectations with outcomes: Use the vision workbook with participants to clarify their vision for retirement and ensure they have a plan to finance their vision.
Reap the benefits of a focused workforce
Visualize Retirement offers plan sponsors:
Enhanced Workforce Flexibility
Employees with a clear picture of their retirement are more likely to retire when they want to, as opposed to when they have to, which can simplify key personnel decisions.
If aging workers are retiring on time, their impact on payroll, health care, and workers’ compensation costs will decrease.
Employees may be more loyal to an organization that takes a holistic approach to improving their retirement outcomes.
Tools for confident reflection
Visualize Retirement Workshop
Our Visualize Retirement materials are designed to go beyond the usual retirement clichés and get participants thinking about how their day-to-day lives, their relationships, and their health could look during retirement.
- Workshop – a presentation that gives a comprehensive overview of the Visualize Retirement program.
- Workbook – can be completed during the workshop or at home, either independently or with a spouse to compare and contrast responses.
Visualize Retirement Conversation Starters
Brief articles designed to demystify the nonfinancial side of retirement.